Saturday, December 2, 2006

Christmas hordes

A normal Christmas lunch for our family is over at Mum's place with about 45 other relatives, all gathering for a big sit-down hot lunch with the usual fare - baked ham, chicken, pork, roast potatoes...all the vegies, various desserts etc. etc. This year it's not happening....my brother is living at Mum's place with his partner so there's not the usual amount of space to set up tables & seating for 45 people. So in her usual super-organised, very efficient way, Mum has arranged for a scaled down version to be had at my house!!! Only 22 people and we're changing the hot vegies for salads, still with various meats & potato gratin and desserts.

To get into the spirit of Christmas (which I might add has been sadly lacking on my part - don't think I'm the only one though!!!), I've made some Christmas placecards for the guests.......

No comments: