Friday, December 15, 2006

Distressed atc

So here's the other distress atc for Saturday's class. Once again it's done using the distress inks (vintage photo, tea dye, peeled paint & a touch of walnut stain) "smoosh" technique that Tim taught us when he was here back in May of this year. Then this piece is overstamped and two of the Da Vinci tiles mounted onto Julie v O's (Collections) chipboard squares which are foam-mounted to raise them off the atc.

On the "L" square up the top left, I used a crackle stamp and distress powder in vintage photo to get that great cracked look. I also used a little 7 Gypsies round thingey (best description I can give!), this has a stamped "a" in it then coated in the Ranger crackle. Love that stuff!!! This one is called "La Luna".

Seeing how I mentioned the "T" word (Timbo), just thought I'd stick this pic in of Dawn the prawn, Tim and moi from his most excellent workshops that he had here in Perth this year.....hope he comes back...what a wealth of knowledge this bloke has....and he's a top fella as well! (yeah, I know, we were both a little *star-struck*...lol....actually it looks like I'm ready to bop Dawnie in the nose!)

3 comments:

Julie H said...

Hi Kelsey

Great photo! So cool that you had a surprise party that was a surprise.

Your ATC's are fabulous! I have some of that crackle coming WOOHOO! It looks fantastic.

kelsey said...

You've no idea how hard it was to keep "the secret" about the party....just glad it worked ;-)

I just know you're going to love the crackle Julie, it's fantastic! Also, the matte accents in the same range is great too.

Jen Crossley said...

LOve the photo of you and Dawnie and the Timanotor