Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Post-party, new atc & fantastic mail!

Well the hubby's 50th surprise party went off without a hitch! To say he was "surprised" is putting it mildly.....after the first few people had arrived I told him to expect about 30 more, his response..."I didn't know I HAD that many friends!" Much reminiscing, eating, drinking, catching-up, drinking, back-slapping and then some more drinking. Ever-responsible hosts....no-one drank and drove! The hit of the night was the compilation dvd that I had made of his life that I mentioned in the previous post, it ran on the tv all night and I'm sure everyone viewed it at least once, hoping to spot themselves....albeit a much younger "self"!!! lol


Nuff about private stuff....though I will make one more comment....am SO looking forward to eldest son coming home for Christmas on the 22nd of December. He's in the air-force and we only see him once a year for a few weeks, hmmmmm....wonder if I can still tell him what to do??? What do you reckon???




So here's an atc that I made at work yesterday as a sample for the next atc class being held this Saturday (16th), it's called "Distress & De-stress"...using the ever-popular distress inks and distress powders and Julie v O's (Collections) fabulous little chip-board squares as well as the absolutely beautiful Da Vinci tile sheet (Design Originals). If the words look a little blurry it's because I've mounted the tile up the top right onto mounting foam and it never scans really well when you do that.





There is another different version that I have left at work but I probably won't get this one scanned as it'll be the raffle one for the atc class. If I remember to bring it home tomorrow I'll scan it and get it posted.

I've had a wonderful mail week this week, received a funky atc RAK from Julie H which she used the "pencil & stencil" technique as seen in Somerset Studio (May/June '06).....
















Last week at SAJ's Dawn the prawn gave me a little envelope and said here's a Christmas card for you...upon opening it, not only was it a card but a fantastic stampboard key fob (well, that's what I'm calling it anyway!) in the same tones...as the girls would say....absolutely faaaabulous! Here 'tis...















To top it all off, I received another two Christmas cards this week, one from another "artzy-tartz" - Bevlea - alas, this one is at work so will have to scan it when it comes home, trust me, it's fantastic! The second card was from Charmaine from SAJ's...a new member to SAJ's but an old hand at stamping. It arrived with the most wonderful calligraphy done on the front of the envelope and when I opened the card, it's all written in the most beautiful calligraphy inside as well. Now you have to all promise that you won't read the personal message.....only admire the wonderful writing.....promise??? okay, here is the front and the inside.....(hope this is okay with you Charmaine.....beat me next time I see you if it's not ;-}....)
















Okay, one more......a couple of weeks back our ABC group (Altered Book Club) had our final get-together for the year and one of my very best pals - Jenny G, gave me this awesome card....what a great treat.....all the girls got one - obviously with their own face on it, though I am glad that I didn't get the one with the hairy legs!!! hahahaha












Now I have worn my fingers almost to the knuckles, I'll go.....

2 comments:

Natalie B said...

Wow so many things to feast my eyes on Kelsey. Lovin your blog!! Love the card from Jenny G, she has a wicked sense of humour that one.... and the ATC you've made and Dawny's card (got one of those treasures too!!) and and and and... *sigh* love them all... Thks for the feast. *burp*.

kelsey said...

Yes Nat, it was certainly over-load on the eye candy this time wasn't it! When I update....I UPDATE!!! lol