Thursday, June 4, 2009

Shrink Plastic & Steampunk!

This morning is the final Shrink Plastic atc class at Scraptivate that I'll be teaching in this fortnight's series of classes. So here are the last few SP atc's....for a little while at least. Though SP will show up in future atc's as it's such a great little embellishment for atc's as well as cards!

Here's the raffle atc that was won by Karen Beazley on Tuesday night.

"Double"... (stamp by Teesha Moore - Zettiology - same stamp I used on a previous SP atc)




These next 2 are earlier atc's featuring SP. The first one is stamped onto almond coloured SP, which I find wonderful for any face stamps as the colour is perfect for a light skin tone.


"Love Hate"... (yes, I know the "E" is backwards, first time it was a mistake on the Love but to make you all think I did it on purpose, I just repeated the mistake on Hate! Face stamp from Beeswax)




"Breathe"... (the main image on this piece of SP is not a stamp. I ran the sheet of white SP through my inkjet printer! The ink will never dry though, so you have to very carefully cut it out, then shrink it without getting your fingerprints anywhere near the image and when it's shrunk, the ink is set! Cool huh!!! Make sure the image you print though is extremely light as we all know how much colours intensify on SP!)






Finally, my Steampunk atc on Tissue Paper Background from a previous technique, also including black texture paste (natch!) and some wonderful little metal cogs. There ya go Julie!!! lol


"Steampunk"...


I'm working on something really, REALLY exciting but my lips are sealed for the moment....no, it's not the book. ;-) Stay tuned...

9 comments:

Julie H said...

Steampunk is totally cool and well worth the wait! Love the little springs along the bottom too. You are the Queen of ATC's

And...I bought a packet of printable shrink plastic from the US, of course I have thrown out the wraper with brand details but will try to find it for you.

Flippinpest said...

Wonderful ATCS. Really inspirational :-)

Davinia said...

Shrink plastic has got me bluffed. It never seems to work for me...maybe I need more classes Kelsey. Love the ATC's especially 'Breathe'.

Sam Marshall said...

Love the Steampunk!! The cogs, texture paste- it's all beautiful...

Svetlana said...

Love the Breathe. What a great ATC.

Artsnark said...

Abe Rocks!

Shelly said...

Awesome Abe !! Very Quentin Tarantino-esque. And "Breathe" is a beauty.
Yes indeed, I will be taking the Waxy Layers class with Judy Wise at CSR10. Yipee !!! See ya' there, really look forward to meeting you, Kelsey.
All the best,
Shelly

Gaby Bee said...

The steampunk card is incredible! Love the whole layout.
I would love to know how you made the "steampunk" lable. It is a stamp?
Gaby xo

Plastic cards said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!