Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Birthday Bash & Faux Leather atc's

My birthday party on Saturday night went really well with everyone having a hoot of a time! So yep, now I'm 50 I'm authentic "vintage"! Considering how crappy the weather was, possibility of thunderstorms forecast (ie...power blackouts!!!) and heavy rain as well, we did remarkably well with only a couple of showers. I had a great time with most of my rellies turning up and a good smattering of friends as well. The highlight of the night was a surprise "entertainer" appearing to give us a couple of numbers....singing numbers, not the other sort! lol The most surprising thing about this was that my hubby had organised it through my brother weeks ago and I never knew about it! "Gemeena" was a hit with everyone.....though I think my Uncle Pete's 18 year old nephew, who was visiting from England, was a tad taken aback and we made sure that "she" played up sufficiently to him to embarrass him .....as all good Aussies should do! hahahaha Here's Matthew & Gemeena...


Here I am with Gemeena about to "blow" out my candles....yes there was a funny bit here, hence all the hilarity in the faces.



Gemeena once again with my Mum and her 4 sisters....lovingly called by their 4 brothers... "The five ugly sisters". How untrue!!! From the left, Ev, my Mum, Lily, Elayne & Rosalie with Gemeena at the back...obviously!



The Scraptivate girls, sorry you were sick and couldn't come Natalie... :-(
From the left, Mel, Emma (open your eyes girl!), me, Jenny and little Megan....sorry Megan, couldn't resist!


Okay...enough frivolity, back to some art! This fortnight's classes are on the Faux Leather Technique. This uses masking tape as the background and is another great use for all those paints we all hoard....I mean HAVE!
"Solitary"... (Tim Holtz Staples stamp and Paperartsy Woman stamp)

"The first rule"...
"A year from now"... (Tim Holtz Scratches stamp). This is an atc attached to a smaller piece up the top by cord and has a magnet on the back of the top piece so it's actually a fridge magnet.
"Nocturnal"... (Cherry Pie Bats in flight stamp - thanks girls for that!!!, and Zetti cemetary stamp). This one's my favourite!!!

More faux leather to come when I do the raffle atc's for the 4 classes.

17 comments:

Sue Thiel said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey - looks like a great night. I do think however, you are the image of Aunt Lily! Cheers, SueT

Sherry Goodloe said...

Ooooh Kelsey, what an absolutely FUN Birthday party you had! Happy 50th to you sweetie :)

Samantha Marshall said...

Love the photos! I'm glad you had such a wonderful celebration.
These faux leather ATCs are gorgeous-Nocturnal is my favourite.

Lindart said...

Love your ATC's! Especially the First Rule of Gunfighting! Looks like you had a fab birthday!!

Chris said...

Oh, Happy Happy, Kelsey!! I'm so sorry I am late with this!

You look FANTASTIC! 50? wow. 50 is clearly the new 30!

(and I know, because I"m 52!)

smarcoux said...

looks like you had a great time and the weather held out .
50 Yes you look great young lady
Sandy

chrisw said...

Happy birthday Kelsey..looks like you had a blast!

Danielle Sheehan said...

love the pics kelsey!
Glad you had a great night.
Cheers

Eva said...

Glad you had a fab night Kelsey! I did think of you here in Melbourne while you partied on ... wondering if you would remember the night - lol.

Eva :-)

Mary S. Hunt said...

happy birthday
and great ATC's!!

Dot said...

Belated happy birthday Kelsey! Looks like you had a wonderful time and every one looks very happy.
Love the photo of you laughing (gorgeous woman you).
Dot xx

michelle ward said...

Hey doll - Happy Belated Birthday!
Fifty and Fabulous. Lifting a glass to you!! *smooch*

Julie H said...

I know, I know, this post has been here for ages - but I just got time to read it. Love the birthday photo's and the hanging atc too.

k9dancer said...

I love 'the first rule of gunfighting.' Please let me know if you ever want to make a trade.

Audrey said...

Happy Belated birthday Kelsey. Looks like you all had a blast. I left something on my blog for you.
Hugs

Debbi Baker said...

Happy happy (belated) birthday! Wishing you a wonderful and very creative year!

Lady Di said...

These ATCs are gorgeous ... can't you sell online ATC class kits? I'd love to learn how to do the faux leather technique and it's a bit of a distance from the Gold Coast to WA to do one of your classes in person. I can't even do your CSR class 'cause I'd booked all my must-do's before they listed your classes.