Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Credit Card Background Technique

This fortnight's technique for my atc classes is an old favourite...Credit Card Technique! It's one of a very few techniques that when demonstrated, draws ooohs and aaaahs from those seeing it for the first time (Soot technique is another responsible for this phenomenon!). If you haven't tried this technique before, grab some paper, some paint, a little water spritz bottle and an old credit card and give it a go! It's one quick way of turning out some awesome backgrounds for use at a later date....or now, as the case may be! For instructions scroll down to my "labels" section on the right hand side and click on "credit card" and all will be explained. No, not you girls...(my students!) you have to wait until the class.....I'll KNOW if you read it!!! lol

"668" (LOVE this quote!!! Background stamp is Stampers Anonymous gate, face is by Zetti, little flourish surrounding the face on the shrink plastic is by "I can't remember". ;-).... )



"Portrait" (The colours used for this background are Jo Sonja Aqua and Plaid Folk Art Metallic Antique Copper - amazing colour!!! Ironworks stamp is another one I'm not sure of...sorry, but I did use my Copper Dreams mix of embossing powder - for the recipe click in "labels" on embossing powder recipes and you'll get about 6 of my recipes for my own embossing powder mixes.)


"Darkness" (Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous tree stamp with Antique Pewter embossing powder mix)
"The Raven" (Bird, branch and wire stamp are all from Michelle Ward's clear stamp set Bird Sanctuary. Yes, that's texture paste around Mr Poe!)

"Sleep"(Angel wing stamp and drippy stamp up the top, both from Michelle Ward's In Vogue set, click here. Quote by Edgar Allen Poe)


In my last post I hinted at some exciting (for me anyway!!!) news....this weekend I'll be able to reveal all!

13 comments:

Jen said...

Hiya Kelsey :0)

I JUST ADORE your ATC's the last one is just devine.

I cant believe we still have to wait for your news...... tell now, come on !!! Tell now....

Luv J

Davinia said...

Credit card technique is the best ever! Very, very curious about your news.

Sam Marshall said...

Hi Kelsey,
Love this technique, too! Your ATCs looks FANTASTIC!! My favourite is Darkness- but I adore all of them, really.

Anonymous said...

I did see soot a while back, and yes it drew the ooh's and ahhs...

Gaby Bee said...

These cards are gorgeous. Love especially "The Raven" card.
Gaby xo

Linda M. Cain said...

Always stunning...always amazing!

Linda

Jen xo said...

Ive actually tried this technique and it always looks great. ive also done it with polished pigments mixed with gel medium , loved that effect too....Your atcs are just stunning too jenxo

Chris said...

All I can say is, WOW. And I have so many old credit cards...

Shelly said...

Every detail and element of your cards just astound me !! Your quotes are so unique, too. Too cool, the 668. Super love the last card, Kelsey !! Great work.
:-)
Shelly

Seth said...

These ATCs are amazing. Darkness is my favorite.

Debbi Baker said...

Oh my goodness Kelsey - somehow I missed reading a couple of posts as they occurred so I have just had a wonderful time catching up! So much gorgeousness!! And NOW I am dying to know the news....

PS Thanks for the cuttlebug suggestions!!

Janny said...

Great, I love your work!

lisa_crofts said...

Your blog continues to be an inspiration especially for finishing off those atcs that aren't quite done yet. I hope those slippers and warm pjs cheered you up yesterday and you are feeling better today.


ps what is the news??