Monday, October 27, 2008

Webbing Spray Resist atc's & a Quilt!!!

This coming Saturday's atc class I'm teaching is called Webbing Spray Resist, it uses the wonderful range of Glimmer Mists as well as white webbing spray to create beautiful backgrounds. Below are 3 sample atc's for the class....think I need to do some more though, such an easy but beautiful technique. Of course, you can't see the glimmer of the Glimmer Mists through the monitor, bummer about that! Oh for the day when we have wonderful holographic images that magically appear before us on the desk and we can appreciate all the little intricacies of the mixed media world!

"Radiant"...
"Fracture"...


"Be still"... kind of hard to read the Be Still Woman quote that's stamped on the shrink plastic up the top left of the piece but you can read it in real life. (It looks like she has a bad case of the "pox"!!!)

On another note, my Mum who has always been a seamstress, made my oldest son Jarred a quilt for Christmas. As he was over here recently for Dad's funeral, she quickly whipped it up so he could take it home with him. Now those of you who know my Mum, this is quite typical of her. She had collected all types of car related quilt fabrics from ebay in the US and some from Australia as well and never having made a quilt before, decided she wanted a geometric kind of quilt with the pieces large enough so you could still see the fabulous car designs.




So she stitched the whole quilt top together in ONE DAY!!! She then took the backing fabric and the top quilt to a person who does the topstitching of quilts locally as you really need a machine with a big flat bed to do this easily. It looks fantastic in the flesh and easily fits on a queen sized bed. Now my pictures are always clickable, take a look close-up - it's not bad for a first-time quilt maker!
In a couple of days I'll be posting the pictures of my Nicho for the Inkurable Stampers blog. It's a voodoo love shrine, the theme was "Seriously Spooky" and I figured voodoo qualified.
Just spoke with my brother on the phone, he has his own entertainment company and has asked me, once again, to do some work for him on Melbourne Cup Day in a week's time.......man, was it hard to resist!!! A couple of years ago I did some body painting on male models, see here for that story. Well, this year he has 4 of the Firemen from the very delectable Fireman's Calendar that always has the very best buff male bods on display.....imagine, if you will, body painting THOSE bodies.....hmmmmmmm.......or should that be MMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Nah, think I'll go to work at Scraptivate instead. ;-)

5 comments:

Sam Marshall said...

HI Kelsey,
Love the new ATCs- gorgeous. LOVE the quilt. The fabric is so cool!!!!

Beate said...

Wow! I love your blog! A lot of inspiration in here. :)

Davinia said...

Buff fireman......Scraptivate......buff fireman.......Scraptivate. I know which I'd choose. Love the ATC's and the quilt your mum made is amazing. Can't believe she put it together in one day!

Julie H said...

Your hubby must be a honey - i'd have gone the firemen any day LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, K, do you know how much my boys want a quilt like that now, especially with mustangs and fords. Your mum obviously picked well as they are suitable impressed. They are wondering if I can knock them one up for Xmas, hahahahahaha! Poor deluded boys!!! You can definitely see where you get your flair from. xxx