Friday, August 2, 2013

Wax Paper Resist Technique

The technique for this fortnight's ATC class is Wax Paper Resist.  It's another background technique using wax paper (which has only JUST been available here again within the last couple of weeks here in Australia - Coles have it).  The wax paper is run through a Cuttlebug/Big Shot and then that is ironed onto card stock  -  glossy or plain  -  and the design of the embossing folder will act as a resist when you then add colour to the card.  I have used my favourite inks - Distress Ink Pads for this technique as I love the colours and the effect is just gorgeous!  Firstly though, here's the remaining ATC's from the previous Texture Paste & Stencils class.
 
"Vamp"... (I used Silver Viva Décor Modelling Crème (Modellier Crème) for the swirls)
 
"Vixen"... (the torn bits up the top and under the image is plain ol' black crepe paper!)
 
"Imagine"...

 Below are the samples for the Wax Paper Resist class.  As you can see, you can either stamp onto the background or you can use an image on it.  It's a very subtle technique and doesn't overwhelm whatever you put on top.  You'll see that I've used the same embossing folder for all these four samples.  I'll use others during my class so my next post will have different designs on the background.
 
"A flower"...
 
"Eye Candy"...

"Timeless"... (this one is on gloss paper with a photo stamp)
 
"Spirituality"...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gorgeous work Kelsey!