Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Faux Brick

The technique for this fortnight is called Faux Brick.  I've had a scrap of scrapbook paper floating around in my off-cuts box for a while that is like a stone brick wall which is where the inspiration for this technique came from.   On some of my samples I've stamped the Faux Brick over the top of one of my previous classes where we did Wax Resist.  This gave a little more texture to the bricks.  But it can be done just on plain white card stock.  The Faux Brick is stamped with Distress Inks and another darker colour is added to the edges to give depth and definition to the bricks.  Of course, it's sort of hard to see the bricks with some of the eye-candy I have on my atc's!  Always a problem, but one that I'm happy to put up with.  :-)
 
"Steak"...

 
"Hot"...
 
"Sticks & Stones"... (the metal piece is one of Tim's
 little tassel embellishments!  You can also see
the wax resist showing through.)
 
"Never regret"... (this one is on plain card stock)
 
"Arrow of Truth"...
 
"Wilderness"...
 
 
These next two are from my previous class, Micro Beads.  I also have a couple more of
these samples to post but haven't finished them yet.
 
"Emotional baggage"...
 
"Depth of Life"... (See the little microbeads in the background?)

No comments: