Tuesday, March 17, 2020

GELLI PLATE & BOTANICALS

We'll be revisiting the Gelli plate again this fortnight and using acrylic paints on them as well as some leaves and fronds from the garden.  This is another simple way to add interest to a Gelli plate background with only a few colours.  I only used 3 different types of leaves for these samples but created about a dozen different backgrounds.  My Gelli plate that I used is 5" x 7" as I usually do ATC's which are only small, so I can get 2 good prints out of each print from the Gelli plate.  I used a combination of plain white paper, black card and deli paper.

"Embalm and Carrion"

"I Just Cawed"
(the bird is cut from silver mirror card, very shiny!)

"Be quite"

"No Desire"
(This background is a little hard to see but
it has a copper edge around the leaves that
the computer doesn't show)

"Unfollow People"


"What I want"
 

Below are some of the samples from the various pulls from the Gelli plate.
All of these are 5" x 7" in size.







2 comments:

Melodyscraps, mixed media goddess said...

Your gelli prints are really amazing! I am curious to know more about the bird skull and skeleton angel pieces. Are they from molds that are available commercially, and if so where can I find them?

kelsey said...

Both the bird skull and skeleton angel molds are from Aliexpress. If you type in silicone molds, you should be able to find them. :-)