Tuesday, March 3, 2020

METALLIC CONTACT & ALCOHOL INKS

Alcohol Inks work beautifully on non-porous surfaces so when I came across some metallic, stainless-steel looking contact, I wondered how it would go with alcohol inks.  Well, in a word, fantastic!  I attached the contact first to some cardstock for stability, then simply added alcohol inks and some 91% alcohol to get it to spread around, blew it around with my rubber puffer and it created these gorgeous backgrounds that have extra shimmer and a great metallic look when you tilt them to the light.  Once again, the pictures on the screen don't do these atc's justice as you just can't see the extra sheen that comes from the contact without seeing it in the flesh.  If you can get hold of some metallic finish contact, give it a try.  Promise you won't be disappointed!

"Some birds"

"Same mistake"

"Planet B"

"Wednesday Adams"

"I am ok"

 "Antiques"

No comments: