Friday, May 4, 2018

GALAXY BACKGROUNDS

There are many different ways of making Galaxy Backgrounds, watercolour paints, Distress Oxide Inks, acrylic paints etc.  For my backgrounds, I chose to use the Ranger Distress Paints with the dauber top and created them on gloss card stock.  Check out the many Youtube video's to get an idea which style you like, as this is also as varied as what products you can use to make them!  The planets were made using plain cardstock, coloured with Distress Oxides, then stamped with a woodgrain stamp, then punched out using different circle punches.  They were then mounted on different heights of foam tape.  I used Titanium White acrylic paint to flick the little stars all over as I found the Distress Paint tended to fade into the background.

"Spaced out"...

"Look to the stars"...

"Round Planet"...
(The moon was stamped with a Stampotique stamp on vellum and
embossed with white powder.  I attached it with staples.)

"Universe"...


Below are the backgrounds for the above atc's.  From each
 of these below, I cut two atc's so they are 13cm x 9cm in size.




No comments: