Tuesday, May 15, 2018

FIRED ALCOHOL

This class we will be setting alcohol inks on fire!  For obvious reasons, you can't do this on paper so we will be working on glass microscope slides as they fit so perfectly on atc's.  Simply a matter of adding alcohol ink directly to the slide, 2 or 3 colours including metallics if you like (I prefer the Pinata Gold & Silver to the Ranger metallic mixatives), then a light spritz of rubbing alcohol, blow around with a rubber puffer then set it alight.  I placed mine on my Teflon craft sheet as it's always on my desk anyway and I didn't want to set any paper on fire!  Make sure all your other stuff is well away.  The fire generally burns itself out (all it's doing is burning away the alcohol) within about 5-10 seconds.  You will be left with a cool design on your slide.   If you want, you can add more drops of ink, light it up again and let it go out.  To attach, I added double-sided tape to the back of my slides and then attached to plain white paper so the colours will show up brightly against whatever background you put them on.   Another technique you have absolutely no control over.   Simple but effective!

"Captivating"...

"Blood"...

"Miraculous life"...

"People will stare"...

Below are the glass slides before attaching to the backgrounds.  
The last two I haven't made into atc's yet.




Finally, a Galaxy Background from last week.  My favourite!
"Neverland"...

No comments: