Tuesday, February 10, 2015

RINSE AID RESIST... RE-VISITED

Rinse Aid Resist is a technique that I first learned about from Claudine Hellmuth's Collage Discovery Workshop Book and I last taught a class using this technique in 2007 and then again in 2010 so I figured it was time to touch on it again.  Here's a link to the previous blog posts about it.  This time I have tried using the Ranger Distress Paints with the dishwashing Rinse Aid and it still works great with these paints!  Last time I was using Jo Sonja Acrylic Paints or any other normal acrylic paint that had been watered down to create a more runny consistency to create the resist effect.   The Distress Paints work just fine with this technique and I've found using baby wipes to remove the dried paint on the Rinse Aid works the best to show up the lighter areas.  Here are the first 3 samples from this technique.
 
"Now what"...
 
"Blood Night"...
 
"Day-dreamer"...

 
These last two atc's are from my previous class  -  Gesso Stencil Spray Stains.
 
"Happiness"...
 
"Soul"...
 
More samples to come from the Rinse Aid Resist class and hopefully I'll have my cover done for this book in the next fortnight too!

No comments: