Monday, January 26, 2015

GESSO STENCIL SPRAY STAINS

Today is the 26th of January so happy Australia Day to all of us who love this wonderful place on the planet.  Lots of things to be grateful for living in Australia, I for one am so glad I was born here and congratulations to those who choose to call Australia home at the various citizenship ceremonies that are happening around our wonderful nation today.
 
So back to the arty stuff... This is Book Number 13 and the cover is called Gesso Stencil Spray Stains.  Fairly self-explanatory, stencil with gesso, allow to dry (or force dry to create bubbles and more texture) and then use the new Ranger product, Distress Spray Stains.  These are a very matte finish but with the application of one of the three metallic (my favourite is the pewter!!!) sprays at the end, you can have some lovely shimmer highlighting your work.  I don't have a cover done yet as I'll be demo-ing on one of my student's cover this Saturday at our first class so will post a pic when I get that done.  Below are the sample atc's using this background. 
 
Note:  Make sure your gesso is relatively thick, not a runny one as you
won't get much texture through your stencil otherwise.
 
"Fossil"...

"Freaks"...
 
"Spectator"...
 
"Tears"...
 
I'll be back with more samples and some cover shots as well.

No comments: