Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Alcohol Float

This next class that I'm teaching for Artability sounds like it's going to be one where we all imbibe in so much alcohol that we float..... not quite.   We'll be floating alcohol inks and then dipping gloss card into it.   When I played around with this technique I found that funnily enough, some of the colour wipes off after it has dried,  so  I used a sealer and this caused a different reaction to the alcohol inks than I expected.   It sort of pixelates the colour?   Love it when something unexpected happens, weird, but good!    Samples follow...

"Obsessed"... (I love the colours in this one!)




"Captive"...




"Captive"... (good word!!!)



"Express"...




"Psychedelic"...




This last one is from last fortnight's Antique Gloss card class, it was the raffle for Tuesday night.

"Tears"...




Next fortnight we'll be doing Crayon Painting..... get those little irons out girls!!!

1 comment:

Gaby Bee said...

It’s been awhile since I've been over, but I always love coming here to see what you have been doing. Your cards look fantastic, Kelsey! Love them all, but especially the second one!
Thank you so much for your nice comment that you left on my blog!!

Hugs to you,
Gaby