Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Antique Gloss Technique

I love backgrounds!    It's why a lot of my techniques that I teach in my classes are background techniques.   If you make a habit of making up more of a background than you need, then slip them into a folder or box (a pizza box is good!), you will always have a ready-made background when you need one and don't have much time.   So this technique is called "Antique Gloss".  It's made using gloss card stock, Ranger Distress Ink Pads, a Stazon Ink pad, background stamps and a sanding block.  Because there are so many gorgeous colours available in the Distress Ink Pad range, you can do whatever colour background you want to suit your images.

"Cosmic"...



"Day-dreamer"...



"Tyrant"...



Here are a couple more of the Wrinkle Emboss technique from last fortnight's classes.

"Natural"...



"Secrecy"...



Finally, this is an atc I did for my brother who runs his own entertainment business Bent Knee Creative.  He has a strange and quirky sense of humour, which we both inherited from our Dad.  It certainly comes out in the skits he creates for his clients.   He liked this atc so much he's thinking of doing a skit based on the Cirque de So-Lazy theme....can't you just see the performers slouching and lounging around?   

"Cirque de So-Lazy"...

2 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

Always love your work...the Angels are one of my favorites!

TRANSDERMAL....YES!!! I KNEW there was a cooler name for them, I just for the life of me, couldn't remember exactly what it was! Thanks for reminding me.

Be Well,
Linda

sandra de said...

Thank you Kelsey, I just received your "natural" atc and I love it. Trying desperately to work out how you did the wrinkle emboss technique!!
Sandra