Sunday, November 26, 2006

2nd ATC Class


Yesterday I taught my 2nd atc class at Scraptivate, we did a technique that I've called "Flames, Stamps & Alcohol Inks"....it's an oldie but a goodie. It's really fantastic to see the girls in the class so interested and enthusiastic about learning these techniques. It's probably the best thing about teaching - passing on the info that I've picked up and seeing the excitement when they've completed their atc. One of the girls was going to file her two atc's away in the round filing cabinet (the bin!) as she was working on them as they weren't doing what she wanted. I convinced her to persevere with them and with a little guidance from me and a lot of imagination on her part she rescued them and was totally happy with them in the end. Something has to suck really, really bad for me to bin it and think I've probably done this less than 5 times since I've started making atc's nearly 2 years ago. I don't consider there are too many "mistakes", only opportunities to apply a little lateral thinking to remedy a "disaster" ;-}
I also make an atc before the class using the technique that we'll be learning and I do a raffle for this atc.....the girl who won it yesterday was so excited it seemed like she'd won the Powerball Lotto Jackpot all on her own!!! A humbling experience....I was thrilled that she was so thrilled .


The Dream atc is an example from yesterday's class technique.


No comments: