Saturday, February 4, 2023

TEA BAG ART

 For over a year I have been collecting used tea bags to use for an atc class and today we'll finally get to use them. This will be the first class back for this year so it's #1, Book 29.  Tea bag art has been around for quite a long time and there are so many different things you can do with them. I chose to use them in two different ways, 1: open them up, tip out the tea bag leaves and then glue down the bag onto watercolour paper and hand-draw on them (or stamp) and colour with watercolour pencils. The second way was to once again open the bag, tip out the leaves but then re-close it and attach it to the background so it still looks like a tea bag. I chose to hand draw on most of my samples,  except for the stamped one and my cover and card that I made are stamped, not hand-drawn. Hope you give it a go, it makes a great vintage background.

"Own your dreams"


"Sweet dreams"
(Notice the music notes,
so did you sing it?)



"Perfect"



A short video of the above atc showing the fantastic
shimmering properties of the Lisilinka metallic
watercolour paints. 


"Life is art"


"never stop exploring"


"Enjoy"


This one is my book cover and measures 8" x 6", 
or 20cm x 15cm. I used 3 opened tea bags
for the background in this one.


This one is the card I made using a tea bag
for the background. It was coloured with
Distress Crayons. I hand-wrote the sentiment.





No comments: