Thursday, August 22, 2019

EMBOSSED GLOSS STAMPING

This technique combines a few of my favourite things, stamping, embossing and Nuvo Shimmer Powders (or Cosmic Pixie Powders/Brushos).  Because I was going to be using the Shimmer Powders with water, I needed to have the stamping done in Archival Ink instead of just reaching for my usual Distress Oxide Ink Pads.  I recently bought the 3 sets of the mini Archival Ink Pads in the Distress colours and I'm so glad I did!  They are wonderful colours as you can see below in the stamping.  These were stamped on gloss card, then after the stamped image had dried I spritzed on some water and added some of the Nuvo Shimmer Powder.  Next, I tapped off the excess water then dumped clear embossing powder over the whole thing.  No embossing ink was used, the water was enough to hold the clear embossing powder which I then heated to create the gorgeous glossy, speckly effect.  It turned out with a rough texture as some of the water had dried and the embossing powder wasn't stuck to the whole card, just sections.  The other thing I noticed was that the stamping seemed to create a resist type of effect too!

"Poke the dragon"...

"Figureoutable"...

"Edible"...

"Melts in your mouth"...

"Science puns"...

No comments: