Saturday, November 10, 2018

ALCOHOL INK LIFT OFF TECHNIQUE

I have had my Ranger Alcohol Ink Lift Off Pad for a while now but have only just got around to having a play and it is SO addictive!  There are plenty of YouTube video's on how to use it so I won't go into that here but I will say that your stamps need to be squeaky clean before you use this ink pad.  I generally wipe my stamps over with a baby wipe after stamping with them but they need more intense cleaning than just that.  If you have a stamp cleaner, use it to get your stamps as clean as possible.  My poor Lift Off Pad now has some darker marks on it from a stamp that had been used with Stazon.  Even though you think it's clean, this ink pad will cause the Stazon to reactivate a bit so you'll get some transfer to the pad.   Clean your stamps!
I have included a couple of the stamped images that were done on the plain white cardstock after lifting off the alcohol ink from the alcohol inked Yupo surface.  Make sure your alcohol ink on the Yupo is dry too before doing this technique.  Hope you enjoy the samples as much as I enjoyed making them.  Couldn't seem to stop.....  😉

"Boo"...

 "Boo 2"...
(See that white stuff?  That's stretchy cobweb from a 
Halloween pack!)

"Music speaks"...

"Solstice"...

"Hum of bees"...

"Scarlet Tree"...
(Stamped images from the Solstice card above)


The stamped image from Hum of bees above.

Stamped image from Music speaks above.

Below are the last 2 samples from the previous Brick Wall Background from last fortnight. 
Do you love my ants?  

"Uninvited guest"...

"Shhhh"...

No comments: