Tuesday, June 13, 2017

TARNISHED FOIL

Probably one of the best purchases you can make in the papercraft/mixed media world is a roll of Silver adhesive foil tape.  Ranger sells the sheets (A4 I think) but I prefer the roll that you can buy and if you get the one that is about 8cm (or 3") wide, it will cover an atc easily with extra to wrap over the edges to keep it neat!  When you combine silver foil with embossing folders, embossing powders and black Stazon ink, the effect is just wonderful!  I like to attach my foil to some card stock first to give it a little body, then emboss with your favourite embossing folder then swipe over some clear embossing ink lightly in areas, emboss with powder (I used gold, copper and some colours that suited my chosen images) and heat.  Allow to cool and add another colour embossing powder to contrast against the first colour, then after cooling again, swipe over some Black Stazon ink from the ink pad and it will pick up the texture from the embossing powders as well as highlight the design from the embossing powder!  Great background for cards too!!!

"Freak"...

"Planet B"...

"Bee little"...

"Black as my soul"...

"Assemblage"...

This last one below is my remaining atc from the previous class, Embossed Blobs.

"Honest"...

No comments: