Saturday, October 31, 2009

Faux Tin Type Technique & last of the Dominoes

I'll start off the with the last of the Domino atc's from the previous class.

"Flagrant Desire"...
"Mother Nature"...

The Faux Tin Type technique is trying to replicate the old tin type photo's using modern materials that most paper-crafters have...foil tape, transparency & a xyron machine. They are notoriously difficult to scan or photograph because of the reflective nature of the foil but you'll get the gist of it.

"Illusion"... (yes, I've used the black texture paste to create the border around this)


"Spectral"... (same image but with a cuttlebug frame made from chipboard)


"Liberation"... (another cuttlebug frame but with foil tape over the chipboard, thanks Ness for the great image, though I feel the word "Liberation" should have a question mark at the end of it! lol)


"Hex"...
"Twilight"...(yeah, I know....can't help it though, I've been a vampire fan since I was a kid with all those Bella Lugosi films & the original Nosferatu. Of course I've read Twilight, then went onto the more adult books of Laurell K Hamilton, the Anita Blake series. I've finished the series, 16 books in total and was reading 3 of them a week, just couldn't put them down! (Thanks Mandy for the loan but I've now ordered my own set). Now I have to wait for #17....darn it, I hate that! I do the same thing with Lee Child, he brings out only 1 book a year in April and I buy it and read it in a few days then have to wait another year for the next one.



More to come after I've done some demo's in my classes.
If you want to see a REALLY, REALLY, cool haunted house, take a look at my friend Julie's blog here. I think from memory she told me it was around two feet tall and she lists all the Collections chipboard products she's used to make this. Gorgeous!!! I told her I wanted to live in it. lol

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Hey Kelsey you will have to start reading the books again. I do that with Wilbur Smith books.
ATCs look fantastic. Black texture paste, I probably love it as much as you do LOL

Jen Crossley said...

LOVE the tin type atc Kelsey they look awesome and like the really tin types.Your the queen girl of Techinques
Jen

Samantha Marshall said...

Kelsey,
These ATCs are amazing!! I love the tin types.

Julie H said...

Oooh,these are gorgeous! I think these are the nicest I have seenyou do with this technique.

Lady Di said...

I love your ATCs and adore the Twilight Series. Have you read the Charlene Harris books? They based the True Blood series on those and I kind of got addicted too.

Gaby Bee said...

Your tin type ATCs are great, Kelsey! Love your artwork, girl!
Merry Christmas to you and yours; may the New Year keep you safe, healthy, and creating more art so I can continually be inspired.

Gaby xo