Friday, February 1, 2008

Faux Leather & Beaded Doll Class

Below are the 2 atc's that I completed using the Faux Leather background from the previous post. I've left the cobalt turquoise/burnt sienna one without anything on it for the moment as I want to show the girls in my atc class how it looks without any images etc on it. So these are the other two...

..."Cultivate"


and "only the young"...

I'm also thinking about running a class at Scraptivate (where I work/teach) on a beaded doll in a frame that I did a while ago when I used to make fabric soft sculpture dolls. I also loved doing beading as well so this is also incorporated too! What do you think? The size of the little doll is about 3" and is hand-dyed. The wings are made from air-dry clay and the hair is tyvek. It may be a little different to this one as I'd have to make another one as a sample but basically the same sort of thing. (Ehecatl is the Aztec God of Wind)



Thankyou to my pal Dawnie for the wonderful banner! I have several that she's made while she's trying to forget the pain in her head from a recent "tooth episode"....big hugs to you Miss Prawn!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep im in for a beaded doll class!

Linda B said...

oooh I'd sign up if I didn't live on the other side of the country :(

Pearl Maple said...

Cool banner,

The techniques that you share here on the blog are really impressive, can imgaine your classes would be great fun including those dolls.

linkedtopaper said...

Hi Kels, I really love your banner, what a star that Dawnie is. I hope she feels better soon. That doll is da bomb and I can't wait to get beading. Take care love Char xx :-)

Julie H said...

If you worked that class into the next school holidays (hint hint) I am sure it would fill quickly with Albany people...

Sulea said...

That is some hand dyed and beaded doll! I love the colours of the rustic looking frame too.

Your new banner is awesome.. Dawnie really has done a great job on it. :o)

Sam Marshall said...

These new ATCs look fabulous. The doll in a frame is absolutely exquisite and I would enrol immediately if I could!!!!
Love the new banner.

Sam xx

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Kelsey - I love your beaded doll! She's just gorgeous! Your blog is such an inspiration! Marva

Susan Sager Brown said...

That's it, I'm moving to Perth.....Love the colors and details on the doll. Your new banner is so cool!

Anonymous said...

awesome kelsey! and i'm glad you're incorporating fabric and dollz hehe sign me up for the class ;) wowza, what eye candy again. that is a cool header from miss prawn, what a poor thing she is.

mary schweitzer said...

Wow, what beautiful work you do! Would you check out my blog and if you like it maybe we can do a link exchange?
Thanks
Mary
http://greenwomandesign.blogspot.com/

quirkyartist said...

This little character is so darned tactile.

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the beaded dolls Kelsey, the colours are and textures are divine