Saturday, January 19, 2008

Soot technique & 1 more transparency transfer

As I have new people that are becoming regulars in my atc classes at Scraptivate, I have decided to revisit some of the earlier techniques from when I started teaching the classes. For those of you in Perth who might be interested in learning some techniques, I teach every 2nd Saturday and every 2nd Tuesday night. The Tuesday night class is a repeat of the Saturday, one but runs about 3 lessons behind.
I often get asked, why atc's? For me it's the technique that is first and fore-most. The reason I use atc's to teach it is this.... the girls will learn a technique and actually get it "down" onto a format that will look complete, 99% of most people get at least 1 atc completed and many get 3 done. I get card-makers and scrapbookers in the classes as well as atc girls as they are all techniques that can be applied to many different artforms. Some of the girls have even started their own little technique book using an atc that was made in the class, then writing up the notes in their own words and putting it all into one book! Great idea!!! My memory is shocking for lots of things but I don't seem to have any trouble at all remembering all the different techniques that I've learnt over the years!
On to the next atc class....Soot re-visited!!! I won't be listing the technique yet until after the Saturday class so they don't set fire to themselves or their houses!

"Follow your own star"...

"Portrait"...
"Delusional"...
(the stripey looking thing on either side of this one is the small corrugated black cardstock with a bit of Silver Treasure rubbed over it, looks like stripes but it's actually very bumpy and raised)


The next one is an atc made using the Inkjet Transparency Film and gel medium (Golden soft gel in semi-gloss). It's the blue gravestone image that is the transfer...

"Two graves"...

Lastly, an atc using Helmar 2 step crackle medium for a crackle class that I have coming up soon using various crackling mediums. Our Altered Book Club chunky swap that is on-going had a Gods & Goddesses theme recently and I chose to do "Anubis, god of mummification"....yep, sounds like me doesn't it! lol So I had a spare pic of Anubis left over which I made into an atc using the crackle medium on the image.

8 comments:

linkedtopaper said...

Wow! I love all these ATC's Kels, I love the way your "follow your own star" one turned out in the soot tech. Anubis is great and goes really well with the crackle med. Great work as always you talented diva you. Thanks for sharing from Char xx :-)

Linda M. Cain said...

Wonderful WOrk! I LOVE your images...especially the Egypian one. Looks so great with the crackle!
Linda

Anonymous said...

oooh, the white looks sooo spooky, awesome! and i totally forgot about those goth stamps! thanks for the reminder, need to order them!!

Dawnie said...

Dont we all love that soot technique K, and you do it so well.Cool images.

hugs
Prawnie xxx

Jen Crossley said...

Kelsey did you do the soot techinque just for me !!!
Crozza
PS I love the look the white looks so cool on it

Susan Sager Brown said...

Love "Temptress". Looking forward to learning your transaparency transfer technique! and the soot technique too. I love to visit your blog, your art is soooo inspiring!

My dymo is called LabelManager150. The plastic tapes are avail in clear, white, colors and metallics. Hope you can get them down under. If not let me know and I will ship one to you! Although, with your great word sheets, the Dymo is really not necessary!
Cheers, Susan

cookievf said...

Dig two graves! Great quote and beautiful card with a gorgeous shade of blue. All of your transfer techniques are WONDERFUL. Thanks for the tutorials... always! - vicki xo

Val Foster said...

This soot technic is just amazing, and your art works are so beaufiful. Thanks so much for this tutorial, I'm definitely going to have to try this. The idea of using color before doing the soot technic is great. That adds a whole new dimension to it. When I try this, I hope my attempts will come out even half as good as yours! Great job, well done.

Val Foster