Monday, December 10, 2007

Webbing Spray & a couple more colourwash atc's

I ordered a new stamp and absolutely LOVE how it turned out on this colourwash background! It's from Stampotique and is called "glimmering hope" (type the name in the search box on their website to find it)....cool name for a creepy cool stamp, or, as I prefer spooky cute! It's on a background of matte white card stock with some lettuce & butterscotch colours of the Ranger Colourwashes. Main thing to remember about these is WEAR GLOVES!!! Unless you don't mind multi-hued hands for several days that is.



I was really impressed with how fantastic the white embossing powder just jumps out from the background. The words Strange Reality have been stamped on white shrink plastic and shrunk (obviously!). You have to stamp her out on a larger piece of card to see her full beauty as she's a little large for an atc, she's 5" high.









Similar colouring in the next one, I'm not generally a green person unless it's an olive/khaki sort of colour but the combo of lettuce & butterscotch is just too gorgeous to ignore. The green I don't really like is more a lawn-coloured green. Maybe I like my lawn to be dying off in parts - hence the butterscotch! lol Once again, the wording (Life's Journey) has been stamped on white shrink plastic that has been coloured with those magic coloured sharpies then blended with blending solution.



The next atc class on Saturday is using webbing sprays. We have white, black, gold and silver in store and they are really easy to use. I do my spraying into a large spray box - actually a large shoe box with an attached lid, it's also where I do my colourwash sprays as well....keeps it all nice and contained and not all over your table.



Here are a couple that I've made for Saturday, one more is being finished today and I'll put that one up when I post next.

Next one is a little hard to see the white webbing spray on the dark gray background as the image in the frame is a transparency and I've mounted it onto foam tape so it has a fair amount of depth, which the scanner struggles with!

Off to work.......

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kels, Luv your new stamp, very whimsical, thanks for sharing this site with us, sure are some different stamps on there. I must admitt green isn't my fav colour but I'm really liking this combination, so well done and keep up the good work, take care from Char B xx

Linda M. Cain said...

Wonderful, Wonderful work!!!! Love every one of them! STUNNING! I am amazed....
Linda Cain

Michelle said...

Hi Kelsey:

I found your blog from the kind comment you left on my blog (A Time To Stamp)- thanks! :) Your work is so interesting and a lot different than most of what I've seen on other blogs. That's what I love about paper crafting, we can adjust it to match our personal styles. Keep up the fantastic work!

Sincerely,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

great job Kels.......I have bought some webbing spray to play with for PT Skinny Book but haven't used it yet.......you have inspired me to get it out & have a go! Fabulous work......... hard to pick a fav.! x K

Jen Crossley said...

Awesome techinque Kelsey,you are amazing and so is your work
Crozza

bockel24 said...

Really love the gothic smiling man!

Chris said...

THESE are too fab. I LOVE your ATCs, woman. I'm going to get me some Ranger colorwashes, and no one else gets to use them. And I might not even wear gloves! anyway, thank you, as usual, for such beautiful eye-candy. I'm going to try these things out.
C

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous work, as always!

Julie H said...

Oh goodie, now I know where to get some webbing spray!

Dot said...

Your ATC's are SO wonderful Kelsey and so unique!! Love the green ' Life's journey one'. Gorgeous!

Would you consider doing a 3 for 3 ATC swap with me in the new year? I would love to if you were interested and had the time.

Dot xx