Friday, March 22, 2024

BUBBLE BACKGROUNDS

 This class is all about creating bubble backgrounds. There are various ways to do it and it can be a bit messy but the fact it can be done on both atc size pieces of card or watercolour paper or a larger sheet is excellent! There are loads of videos on Youtube showing how to do this technique and you can use acrylic paint, food colouring or, as I did, Distress re-inkers and liquid watercolours. Another quick way to build up your background stash of papers/cards.

"Live simply"
(The vase is one of my hand-drawn ones using
watercolour for the vase and the Pilot G-Tec C4
bleeding gel pen for the floral stems.) A piece of
textured paper was used for the tablecloth.)


"Dance with your heart"
(The heart is a stamp that was stamped on shrink
plastic, shrunk and then coloured with alcohol
ink on the back for the colour.)


"Sticks & Stones"
(The bones are made using the Ranger QuickCure
Clay in a Finnabair mould.)

"Bloom"
(Another of my hand-drawn florals. The golden
leaf die-cuts are from a piece of chocolate
wrapper that was too pretty to throw out. It 
was attached to a piece of double-sided adhesive
sheet then die-cut and attached.)


"Vision"
(Another of my hand-drawn, translate: quickly
scribbled, botanical pieces that was drawn with
the Pilot G-Tec C4 coloured gel pens that can
be activated with an aqua brush to get the
colour to bleed. I call them my plane crash pens
and the girls know what I'm talking about
immediately. Plane crash = Pilot bleeding.
Yes, dumb I know, but they remember it now.)


"The heart"

No comments: