Sunday, August 14, 2022

LAYERED MASKING

 Masking stamped images is a technique that has been around forever but it always gives such a great impact when used with lots of white space left on the background. For my examples, I have used both Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks and the overstamping in the black was Black Soot Archival Ink. Silhouette-style stamps, meaning more solid stamps, will always have the greatest impact on this type of technique. I have used masking paper which is tacky on the back, as well as sticky note paper that is also tacky all over the back. You can die-cut the sticky note paper if you put a piece of non-stick release paper on the back before running it through your die-cut machine. I keep the release papers from my A4 size adhesive magnet sheets and A4 size double-sided adhesive sheets to use for this type of method as well as keeping excess double-sided adhesive on it for later use. 

"Lost in the woods"


"Troublesome ending"
(Who knew a zombie could end up on the
Serengeti? I was going to draw in a severed
arm but thought it best to leave it up to
the imagination.) 😏


"Unwaveringly"

"Middle of the night"
(Yep, loved this one so much I had to do it twice!)


"Untried"


"Walk in nature"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these Kelsey!