Tuesday, December 7, 2021

STENCILLED OXIDES

You'll find my updated ATC Techniques List on a separate page at the top of my page
directly under my banner, "ATC Technique List - Current & Previous".


I have a lot of stencils and I decided they are a very underutilised resource, at least as far as I'm concerned.  So I decided to remedy that in the final class for the year, which is always a Christmas theme.  I used various stencils and Distress Oxide Inks with a blending brush (like the make-up style ones) and I found the colour went on very smoothly and easily on my Neenah white card stock. Cleaning the stencils is a breeze with a little spritz of water and dabbing off with a paper towel, which led to the amazing background that is on the first atc, Poe Ho Ho. I need to be mindful of my time limit in a class situation so I didn't use any pastes, gels or paints in this class, though it is also a great way to get even more out of your stencil collection.  Who has only 1 or 2 stencils?  No-one, that's who.  

"Poe Ho Ho"

"Santa came"


"Zombie Claus"


"Happy Horrordays"


"Dashing"


"Christmas Lights"


When I teach, I always demo the technique during
the class so I decided to make some cards from the samples
from the previous class, Alcohol Inked Vellum. The 
"Seniorita" card was what inspired me to do the stencil
backgrounds for this current class.

"Seniorita"


"Happiness"


No comments: