Tuesday, October 27, 2020

GRAPHITE EMBOSSING

I first saw this technique used on a Facebook group I belong to and was amazed at how it could totally change a dry embossed background.  I used watercolour paper as I needed to be able to add colour after using the graphite paper and found the watercolour paper in conjunction with both Distress Ink Pads and Distress Oxide Ink Pads, worked really well to add that little pop of colour.  The graphite paper needs to be pressed graphite side down towards the paper before running through the embossing folder.  (Ask me how I know this?  Cleaning graphite off your embossing folder is not fun!)  I found by choosing embossing folders that didn't have a lot of flat spaces worked best for me.  Detailed ones work really well with this technique and you can use the graphite on either side (either debossed or embossed) to create two very different looks, depending on how much detail is in your embossing folder on each side.

"2020"

"Wild Side"

"Psychotic"

"Eraser"

"Memories"


"Untie the ribbons"


 

No comments: