Tuesday, September 15, 2020

ALCOHOL INK FLOWERS

Alcohol Inks are such an amazing product and I am continually amazed at how many different styles of art you can do with them.  This technique is using the alcohol inks to create floral effects, yes I'm doing flowers.  Those who know me realise it's a stretch for me to do flowers but these are just so simple to do and look so wonderful, how could I resist?  These are way easier to do on a larger format, say the size of a card (4" x 6") or even an A4 piece.  On an ATC, a single drop of alcohol ink is all you need to create one of these flowers (ATC size is 2½" x 3½").  Using a rubber puffer and a little 91/99% alcohol is how you get the whispy effects.  The metallics are Pinata Brass and Ranger Alloy Foundry.  Black acrylic ink and a white water-based Sharpie marker create all those other little finishing touches.  I have used Kirkland Photo Paper (the back matte side) for my substrate but this works just as well on Yupo.

"Decompose"

"Enchant"

"Ornamental"

"Exotic"


"Cultivate"

"Embracing life"

"Germinate Grow"

"Fragile"

2 comments:

Melodyscraps, mixed media goddess said...

These are just beautiful! I've been following you by email for quite a while now, and don't think I've ever commented before. I really admire your work though. Do you think you might be interested in participating in a triannual 9 card swap?

kelsey said...

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately, I don't participate in any swaps these days as my time is reserved for coming up with new techniques for my classes.