Tuesday, November 28, 2017

WATERCOLOUR TISSUE PAPER

The last class of the year is always a Christmas theme with a technique thrown in for good measure.  The technique this time is Watercolour Tissue Paper.  Tissue paper can be a little temperamental to handle when it's really wet but by doing this technique directly onto your craft sheet, then drying it in place until you can move the tissue easily without it tearing, makes it a whole lot easier.  Virtually anything that can be diluted down with water to make a wash will work.  I used Distress Stains and Distress Sprays. 

I have found some of my Distress Stains have totally changed colour so I am always cautious about using them straight away and test them first on a scrap piece of paper to see if it has altered.  My Pumice Stone looks like Forest Moss!  My Tumbled Glass looks like Broken China.  But you work with what you have.  After colouring the white tissue paper and then drying it, I've stuck it down to a piece of white cardstock using a Xyron.  You can either stick the tissue paper down flat or scrunch it up first to add extra wrinkles to it.  

Merry Christmas everyone... see you in 2018!

"I don't smell".... (this is my FAVOURITE!!!)

"I like your balls"...

"Happy Yule"...

"Wreck the tree"...

"Fleece Navidad"...

No comments: