Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Canvas Paper Painting

I've used Canvas Paper as a surface for atc's a few times, just love the linen-like texture that's on it. This fortnight's class is using the canvas paper and my favourite, Golden Paints for adding the colour. We'll be doing washes of colour but also using different implements to add further interest - like corrugated card, empty plastic or cardboard tubes, sequin waste etc. While I was doing my samples I discovered a happy accident which will become another class using canvas paper, gesso & Golden paints....that's for another time though.

Firstly I thought I'd show you a couple of pieces before I cut them down to atc size. The first one below is A5, so I can get 5 atc's from this sheet.



These two are both 2-1/2" wide x 7" tall so I can get 2 atc's from these pieces.


Samples now of atc using this technique for backgrounds...

"See"...


"Hope"...

"Ornament"...

"Dream"...

"Flourish"...


When I did the last technique, Paper Casting, I made a piece using my Dragonfly Legend stamp by Stampers Anonymous (a favourite of mine!) using the old fashioned method of laying the wet toilet paper directly onto the stamp and drying. This piece I made into a card front so it's larger than a normal atc.

"Dragonfly Legend"... (card)


"Mess"... (another atc using the paper casting method from the last technique)


Finally, this is a card that I made using gloss card from the technique before Paper Casting, Abstract Acetate. I still prefer the look on acetate than on gloss but for a card it's fine.

"One of a Kind"... (card)

No comments: