Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Brushless Watecolour atc's, Beeswax atc & Tagged

I've been tagged by Keron, Stampgram and Bevlea so I'm supposed to reveal six quirky things about myself. Hmmmm....think I nearly got myself into serious trouble last time I revealed things in the "reveal 7 things about yourself" so I'll either be very careful, or I'll throw caution to the wind and blab all....haven't decided yet, read on to find out which it is! The delightful Viv also tagged me with a similar award, the Kreativ Blogger.....


and Di (Lady Di) tagged me with the I Love Your Blog award...(one I've been lucky enough to receive previously.....I know, I know.....what a show-off!!! lol)

Tagged.....

Here are the rules...1. Link to the person who tagged you.2. Mention the rules.3. Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.4. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.5. Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged.

Now for the "tagged" responses...

1. I have avoidance issues with cleaning things like my pantry or linen cupboard - if I leave them long enough I have a wonderful husband who does them! (slack or what!!!)

2. I have skinny fingers, my rings won't fit on the same fingers as mine of girlfriends who are much thinner than me.

3. I dislike top 40 music on the radio, give me HIM, The Rasmus or My Chemical Romance anyday!

4. I've had the same very best girlfriend since I was 12 (hiya Joan!!!).

5. I'm not a seafood person, the only thing I like out of the ocean comes on surfboards. {grin}

6. I sleep in what has been termed "the death pose", flat on my back with my hands crossed across my chest. I've been a back sleeper for decades, it's one of the reasons I don't have many wrinkles on my face.....oh, and good genes from my Mum! lol

Bored yet????

So I've done the first 3 of the requirements but I'm going to be a huge piker and not pass it on....it's SO difficult to choose between the blogs in my favourite blog list, they are there for a reason you know! Definitely go check out the girls who have tagged me though, they are not so slack as me and have some wonderful eye candy and insightfulness on their blogs.

Saturday's class is Brushless Watercolour as I said a couple of posts ago, here are another couple of atc's using this technique. These are both made with the Lyra watercolour crayons. Love this first one, it's my favourite - using Michelle Ward's stamps from the Rough Draft rubber plate. The little moon up the top left was made by using a round stamp with clear embossing ink and brushing Pearl Perfect Pearls over it so it shimmers nicely but is very subtle! I also coloured the top part (the sky) with a couple of pale colours of Twinkling H2O's and then stamped some stars and embossed them with silver.

"beyond the city gates"...


and "heal"... (it's difficult to see the word "heal" on the silver metal tab, but it is there!)


Next is another beeswax one that was a half-finished sample from the atc Tuesday night class last week.

"enchant"...




Stay creative at this festive time of year, it's the only way to retain your sanity as the shop's get busier and the kids start going ballistic with holiday fever and if you haven't started your Christmas shopping yet.....get going!

9 comments:

Sam Marshall said...

Heya Kelsey,
Congratulations!!! Your ATC samples are gorrrgeous. I'm loving the beeswax sample. Mmmm...

Barb Smith said...

Sleeping on your back keeps your from getting wrinkles? NO WAY! Really? Geez, if I sleep on my back, I snore like a chainsaw caught up in a log. GAH...I'm destined for wrinkles, huh? lol

Your ATCs are fabulous! Love them all but I think "Heal" really hits home for me. Very nice.

And I'm with ya...without creating and keeping myself immersed in my art, I'd go crazy, especially at this time of year.

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Davinia said...

Well I guess sleeping on your back to avoid wrinkles is cheaper that plastic surgery, bloomin' uncomfortable though! I love 'beyond the city' but they're all gorgeous as usual. As for the Christmas shopping....it's done, yeah...and I'm pretty chuffed about that, I can tell you.

Lady Di said...

I love visiting your blog, there's always a lot of eye candy ... the art kind not what you'd find on a surfboard!!

Jen xo said...

i always know i am going to be in for a treat when i visit your blog, and i particularly liked your brushless watercolor atc's.
Are the Lyra wc crayon very different to the Caran d'ache ones ?? just curiuos!!
jenxo

Jen Crossley said...

Your Atc are amazing girl I love the Michelle ward one.
I can just see you laying like that in bed it was no surprise!!!
Cant wait to see you in a couple of months
Tha

Crozza

Natalie B said...

Kelsey...................... I cannot possibly put into words... I'm so sorry. I'm crap with words, but I'm so thinking of you and your family right now...... so sorry. so totally wish i was better with words, but even more so wish i coudl give you a hug right now... natxx

Gaby Bee said...

Your ATC samples are just great. I especially love the beeswax card!

Anonymous said...

Those covers are absolutely fabuous. I wish you taught in my area!!! Kate Usher, davekate1@verizon.net