Tuesday, August 13, 2024

WATERCOLOUR QUIRKY BIRDS & STENCILS

 I've been seeing an abundance of gorgeous whimsical and quirky watercolour birds appearing all over Pinterest and Google and I love the imperfect and naive style of this type of watercolouring. Virtually anything goes with these funny little birds and you can add their wings, beaks, legs & plumage however you want. I thought I'd step it up a bit by adding some stencilling in the background. Covering the birds with a mask made from paper towels protects them from the inking when stencilling. Of course, I had to do a mini-sheet of quotes to go with these birds for the girls as well as a page of some ideas for various birds and how to draw/decorate them too. I hope they all have fun painting these, I sure did!

"Eat local"


"Foraging"

"No worm"


"Shenanigan enthusiast"


"Fuster cluck"


"Winging it"

No comments: