Tuesday, June 6, 2023

NO LINE WATERCOLOUR

 This is another old technique that has been around for years that I had yet to try. Antique Linen Distress Ink pad was my choice for the initial stamping as it seems to be light enough to not be as obvious as a darker black or grey outline like normal stamping. I don't know what it is about no line watercolouring but it just seems to take way longer to watercolour these images than it does a normal stamped image when you use a darker outline stamping colour. You can use whatever colouring medium you like and in my samples below I used Distress Ink pads, Paul Ruben fluorescent watercolours and my Daniel Smith watercolours, though I know that Gansai Tambi or any other watercolour will work equally as well. The only thing I wouldn't use as a colouring medium is metallic watercolours. They'd be ok as an accent or highlight but not as a complete colouring medium. 

"Choose something fun"


"Beware of dog"


"Live gently"


"Bright side"


"This very moment"



No comments: