Tuesday, June 21, 2022

ABSTRACT WATERCOLOUR

 Since I've been getting a bit more into various watercolour techniques, I have managed to acquire a few different brands of watercolour paints. I love the dark moody colours of the Boku-Undo E-Sumi Shadow Black and Shadow Black Mei colours, the gorgeous transparency of the Daniel Smith watercolours, Gansai Tambi paints tend to be more opaque than transparent but the 6 set of the Gansai Tambi Starry colours are my go-to for golds in various shades. I also use a variety of white, black, and gold gel pens to add further detail. So this class is all about abstract shapes on 300gsm watercolour paper, how the colours can bleed into one another and then the embellishing when it all dries. I've seen quite a lot of these shapes and styles on the socials but wanted to add words to mine and found handwriting around the shapes didn't detract from the flow as much as a stamped word would. I hope the girls agree. 

"Balance"


"Like the moon"



"Something you find"


"Expect nothing"


"Going for a walk"


"Life is short"


Here is a card I made using the same technique.
"Life is better with friends"


These are a few of my favourite pens that I have used to
do the extra embellishments. That DecoColor Premium
Paint Pen in Gold is just absolutely wonderful!

No comments: