Tuesday, August 3, 2021

ALCOHOL INK MARKERS ON GELLI PLATE

 For the new cover class of Technique Book #26, we'll be using Alcohol Ink Markers (like Copics or similar) straight onto a Gelli Plate, then pulled off with the usual thin layer of paint.  This gives a very naive style of print that can be further enhanced by loosely drawing over the design with a fine black permanent marker, stamping or even stitching.  Before I started these samples, I sketched a few ideas onto a scrap of paper so I had an idea of what I'd like to do.  This takes some of the angst away that generally strikes when you have to hand-draw something.  I know some people are quite comfortable with drawing, I'm not, and I know that some of my girls freak out about it too so I wanted to keep the designs nice and easy.  I love the simplicity of the leaf drawings and my other favourite is the Faraway Places atc as it reminds me of a vintage travel poster, as it just came together so easily and I love the colours in it. Hope you give it a try if you have alcohol markers and a Gelli Plate.

Cover of Technique Book #26
(The size of this book cover is 20cm x 15cm, or 8" x 6".
I bind my book at the top with 3 holes so I can fit 3 atc 
samples on each subsequent page.)


"No. 1120"

"3043"


"No. 74"


"Specimen"


"Faraway Places"

"Imperfections"


"Poppies"


"never stop exploring"


"Just one life"

No comments: