Sunday, March 18, 2018

COLOUR SHIFT & METALLICS PAINTS

I had the opportunity have a play with the Colour Shift Metallic Paints by Plaid (spelt Color though as it is from the US).  These samples are on a black gloss background and as you can see, well you actually can't see how amazing these colours do actually shift when you tilt and turn the card to catch the reflected light.  If you have the chance to buy some or even just have a go with them, definitely do it!  I also did some samples on plain white card and while the colour shift still works, they look totally different on white (but definitely still wonderful as they are metallic).  There are 10 colours in the range and I originally started out with 5, but no, you need all 10... particularly Aqua Flash and Green Flash, oh and purple, orange, red, etc. etc.

"Landscape painting"...
(Die cut leaf shape has been embossed with
black utee, looks wonderful on this background!)

Side view to show the dimension of this die-cut.... yes I was silly enough to
stick a tiny piece of black fun foam underneath each leaf to make it stand
out from the background.  Looks awesome but what a pain to do!

"Live a life"...
(This one is actually not using the Colour Shift, it's plain metallic Plaid paints as
I wanted to show the girls who don't have the colour shift that you can still do
a great looking background with ordinary metallics on black gloss card.  This
looks much more of a rose gold colour in real life.)

"Find your wings"...

"Another world"...

"Best antiques"...

2 comments:

AmiraInOz said...

Gorgeous Kelsey. The texture really adds to the look

grandmad1ana said...

I bought the Colour Shifts last year, and urged a friend to buy them as well. They are certainly very "shifty" aren't they. I have not used them as much as I should have, but now that you have reminded me about them, I will TRY to get something done with them. Love your work, it is always interesting.