Friday, August 19, 2011

Faux Leather & more Mag Gesso ATC's

There's a couple of different ways of creating a faux leather look....the way I like to do it is with torn masking tape as a background. Scrubbing some paint on and then rubbing some off again brings out the texture of the tape to create the faux leather effect.

Here's a couple of samples...

"Always know"...


"Flagrant"...





I've actually done another one but am a bit reluctant to post the image. One of my students and I have a private atc swap happening between us, but I haven't posted any of the atc's as it's an "R" Rated swap. I was considering just setting up one of the blogs where you have to click to say "Yes I'm 18 and I want to see this" but haven't done it yet, still not sure if I will or not. Anyway, if you're interested in seeing the faux leather background on this atc (or any of the other "R" ones) and are not going to be offended, email me and I'll happily show you.




Below are the other Magazine Gesso Images from the last class.


"Untitled"..."Desperate"...


"Una"... (Just imagine this one on the front of a birthday card for a teenage girl with a real false eyelash on her eye!!!)



There will undoubtedly be more faux leather ones after the next couple of classes as I always make up samples during the class. Love this technique!!!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

'R' rated ones wouldn't have anything to do with BDB would they? My set of BDB books have so far been read by 8 people not counting two ladies who were converted on a friends trip to Phuket!

Love ya stuff!

CheerS!